Cancer does not discriminate, so why should we?
Our Collaboration with TCP believes in diversity, equity and inclusion. We are shocked by the fact that very few if not zero, international cancer NGOs for teenagers existed, So we realized, this needed to change. That is why we are part of the solution, to innovate, change and to save.
Why we are part of the solution?
14 million people are diagnosed with cancer, and 1 million die of cancer every year. Millions of people have lost loved ones to cancer or have been a caregiver. We want to help. Murphy Charitable Foundation Uganda and Teens for Cancer Patients are dedicated to attacking cancer. TCP and Murphy Charitable Foundation Uganda are in collaboration to provide personalized academic and emotional support to teenagers, raise awareness of cancer stereotypes, utilize teenage talent to combat a severe illness, and ensure no one hears the words, “You have cancer”.
What is cancer?
- Cancer or cancer cells are cells that have lost ability to follow the normal control that the body exerts on all cells.
- The Abnormal cells divide uncontrollably and destroy body tissue.
- These cells can then invade parts of the body and spread to other organs.
Types of Cancer?
Cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells divide wildly and destroy body cells.
- Lung Cancer-Non Small Cell
- Kidney Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Bladder Cancer
- Uterine Cancer
- Thyroid Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Pancreatic Cancer
- Oral and oropharyngeal Cancer
What Causes Cancer?
- Lifestyle Factors
- Genetic and Family factors
- Environmental exposures
Why Tobacco is Harmful?
Tobacco contains substances that you can find in:
- Dead bodies
- Gas chambers
- Radioactive heavy metals
- Rat poison
Tobacco is the most prevalent cause of cancer as well as the most preventable cause of cancer.
Stress and Cancer
Stress can contribute to cancer indirectly:
- Can lead to unhealthy habits, such as drinking, smoking, drugs, etc.
- Affects our immune system
- Unhealthy lifestyle, such as obesity, can all lead towards cancer.
- There can be a high increase in toxicity in our lives, thus increasing the risks of cancer.
Mental Wellbeing and Self Care
We often think of our mind and body as separate, but our mental health and physical health are interconnected and we must take care of both,
How can you indulge in self-care?
Think about two ideas to incorporate self-care into your lifestyle.
How to Practice Self Care?
- Maintain a nutritional diet
- Exercise Regularly
- Sleep and Rest
Our Collaboration with Teens For Cancer Patients strive to be part of the change. And we believe you can be part of the change too. starting with taking care of yourself
Be Part Of This Change By Filling The Form Below